In addition to hand-written “Thank you” notes, the most requested items are listed below.
• VISA and Amazon gift cards (#1 most requested item; gives them maximum flexibility)
• Personal hygiene items (American made for safety of course)
• Wet wipes, individually wrapped in foil packages (not gel bottles)
• Body wipes in plastic pull-out canisters
• Disposable razors
• Dental care items (Floss, Toothbrushes, etc)
• Foot powder
• Magazines (non-religious and clean content)
• AA and AAA batteries
• Movie DVD's (non-religious and clean content)
• Music CDs (non-religious and clean content)
• Small earphones
• Beef jerky, Beef summer sausage (non-perishable; labeled USDA Beef)
• Nuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts, trail mix in cans with lids
• Hard Candy (Jolly Ranchers, Butterscotch disks, Root Beer barrels, starlight mints, etc.)
• Gum, Lifesavers, Mints (blister pack gum is best because of the intense heat)
• Breath mints
• Power bars, protein bars, nutritional bars, fruit roll-ups
• Pop Tarts, cereal bars, "milk & cereal" bars, granola bars
• Sauce packets from Taco Bell, Arby’s, McDonald’s, Chinese take-out (Duck and Soy), etc.
• Sugar, Salt, Pepper, dry creamers (individual single-serving packets)
• Seasoning salts, flavoring salts in small self-sealing containers or packets
• Water flavor additives in single serve packets (Lemonade, Kool-Aid, Tang, Iced Tea, Crystal Light, etc. – Dry is preferred, but the small liquid additives such as Mio are OK)
• Hot Chocolate Mix (Single packs)
• Sun block, Eye Drops (for dry eyes, not redness), Chap Sticks and Lip Balm (lipstick style tubes)
Due to the area where these packages are being sent, there are items that are NOT allowed:
• Religious items or artifacts
• Political items of any kind
• Pork or pork byproduct items
• Anything resembling a gun, rifle, knife or other weapon (toys included)
• Liquids (other than the small packets and water flavor additives like ‘Mio’)
• Carbonated beverages or liquids
• Lithium Batteries
• Fresh fruits or vegetables (dried items are OK)
• Home-made food (cookies, brownies, cake, etc.)
• Aerosol cans
These 12 Airmen are helping to protect our way of life and our Constitution which includes our right to Freedom of Religion. Keep this in mind the next time you are at the grocery store, fast food restaurant or department store and pick up an item on the list. They will greatly appreciate it!
If you would like to make a cash donation to help with the shipping costs, please contact John Whitinger via email email@example.com or phone 330-757-2172.
Thank you for helping to support these USAF Airmen!
*** NOTE – Phone cards are no longer being requested as our troops are provided free video calls via the internet.